On being a Virtual Assistant:
I love being a trusted virtual assistant my clients can turn to to delegate tasks they don’t know how to do, don’t have time to do, or simply don’t want to do. I found I like doing the techy tasks many entrepreneurs find mundane, or don’t have time to learn how to do. It’s fun for me! So I figure it’s a win win for me and my clients.
On Creative Business Coaching:
My clients really helped push me in the direction of small business coaching because they’ve watched my business grow and want to learn from my successes and lessons learned. I’m constantly learning more ways to be a creative and effective small business coach. I love working through problems, finding solutions, and motivating my small business clients. The reason I call it “creative” biz coaching is because it’s about creating custom solutions for each client!
I started this blog formerly, Smart Happy Organized to help me promote my professional organizing business and create some passive income for my business. I also wanted to be able to write about whatever I felt my audience was interested in. From organizing, to blogging tips, to faith and parenting.
Eventually, I really found my blogging niche to be writing to help other entrepreneurs and small business owners with their blogs, websites, social media, and growing and marketing their businesses.
My name is Autumn Olivia (Colbert) Leopold
I married my husband in Las Vegas, in 1999. Yes, we had a real wedding, yes our parents were there, and no Elvis was not the preacher.
We have an eight year old son named Samuel David. He is in second grade. He is amazing!
We have two cats and one dog who bring us joy and messes!
Serving my country:
I am a veteran from the United States Air Force (as is my husband). I was an Air Traffic Technician- aircrew on the E3 Airborne Warning Command and Control System aircraft. Translation: while flying in the sky I found the bad guys flying around using radar.
My husband is a USAF veteran and a USAFA Graduate. He is now a Traffic Management Officer for the FAA in Denver. Yes, this family loves aviation!
Yes, we love the Denver Broncos too! We love living by the Rocky Mountains where we enjoy skiing, hiking and biking.
23 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. People often call me April, Amber, August, or Dawn and I usually respond.
2. I was born in 1975 in Lawton, Oklahoma.
3. I was in the USAF stationed at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City.
4. My house in Moore, OK was in the path of the May 3, 1999 F5 tornado but was not damaged.
5. I went to seven different elementary schools.
6. I went to three different junior high schools.
7. My parents were not in the military.
8. I graduated high school in Rancho Cordova, CA.
9. I have one brother, one step-brother, two step-sisters.
10. I’m an extroverted introvert.
11. I would rather read POW stories than romance novels.
12. I graduated from United States Air Force Survival School.
13. I used to love scary movies but now they…scare me.
14. Paranormal Activity the movie, was too scary to watch with the volume on…seriously try it.
15. I love the movie Steel Magnolias , I named a dog Shelby after that character, but Ouiser was my favorite!
16. I love the movie Legends of the Fall. I came up with the name of our son, Samuel from that movie.
17. I have never watched Breaking Bad and don’t want to.
18. I love planting flowers.
19. I love organizing and decorating.
20. My husband says I move things around too much so he can’t find them.
21. I love living in Colorado and never plan on leaving.
22. I am a lover of Christ and know that I can always do better.
23. David and I were married nine years before we had Samuel.
As Seen In
Grab Your FREE E-Book
For the Modern Online Entrepreneur
Join us for more inspired content, videos, and workshops.