A few months ago I got a phone call from my friend who had decided to start her own business. She was very excited with a lot of questions. However, she was having trouble focusing on what she needed to get done. She confided in me that even household chores has become more difficult as she switched from one to the other. She said she had always been this way but never noticed it more than when she was trying to focus on this business. She said I really think I have ADHD. Through the course of talking with her I really wanted to know more about organizing adults with ADHD.
Organizing Adults With ADHD
I recommended she see her doctor as soon as she could. She did and was put on medication. She called me a few days later and told me she felt better within 24 hours and her husband immediately noticed a difference. I love this story because she knew something wasn’t right, was brave enough to get it checked out which ultimately made her life better.
I’ve pulled together several great resources for you to learn and understand more about helping adults with ADHD get organized at home and at work.
- Judith Kolburg, Professional Organizer, Speaker, Author, and Book Coach. Her innovative methods have made organizing breakthroughs for adults with ADHD, CDers, and compulsive hoarders. I found her book, ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life, co-authored with Dr. Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D., to be full of wonderful case studies.
Susan C. Pinsky, Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD, 2nd Edition-Revised and Updated: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
- Judith Houlding, Professional Organizer and owner of Space Editing, Boulder, CO recently wrote a blog post about her experience at a 3-day Mindfulness for ADHD: Training for Adults, Parents and Professionals retreat. Of this retreat Judith said, “My experiences at the EarthRise Retreat Center during those three days was sometimes heartbreaking, frequently heartwarming and always heart-expanding.”
- Ellen Delap is a Certified Professional Organizer, Certified Family Manager Coach, and holds ADD and Chronic Disorganization certificates and specializes in working with ADD and ADHD families, adults and students. She is the owner of Professional-organizer.com of Houston, TX has a blog post packed full of business resources for individuals with ADHD. – See more at: Make Your Biz Bigger, Brighter, Bolder and Better: ADHD Resources
- Geralin Thomas, Business Coach for Professional Organizers and Owner of Metropolitan Organizing in Cary, NC recently shared a guest post with readers. – See more at: Understanding ADHD.
- Lucy Kelly, Professional Organizer and owner of Joyful Surroundings LLC in Boulder, CO has a page on her website devoted to ADHD clients whom she has a passion to work with. Lucy says that People with ADHA have to create an organizing system that works for their life. – See more at: Why Can’t I Stay On Track?
Janet Barclay, owner or Organized Assistant, is a full time virtual assistant and web designer. Janet was previously on the National Board of Directors of Professional Organizers in Canada (POC). She is a blog author and regular contributor to many successful blogs. She is also the creator of the Professional Organizers Blog Carnival on her Organized Assistant website. In September 2012 her blog carnival topic was ADD/ADHD. See more at: ADD/ADHD – Professional Organizers Blog Carnival
A website with fact sheets and resources set up to provide you with information discussion the many faces of ADHD. -See more at: ADHD Awareness Month
Nationally recognized authority on Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for, C.H.A.D.D – Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorders – See more at: CHADD.org
If you have any resources for organizing aults with ADHD I would love to hear about them in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links which mean at no additional cost to you if you click a link and purchase I may get a small commission. Thank you for supporting my business in this way.
Grab Your FREE E-Book
For the Modern Online Entrepreneur
Join us for more inspired content, videos, and workshops.