Have you noticed lately on your blog or website that it’s a really slow painful process to get people to go for one of your opt-ins? Or that once people opt-in, grab your freebie, they unsubscribe. It’s like we are playing a cat and mouse game.
What’s the Problem?
People aren’t stopping to take the time to read anymore. They want your free content sure, but opting into your blog to read what you’ve written and enjoy being a part of your list just doesn’t hold the same sway for people anymore.
This may be because we all have very full in-boxes and multiple email addresses. Also, because we are being sold to everywhere! Content and e mail marketing are huge! Many times the content and offers are valuable, but other times the sales feel petty and like the blogger isn’t in it for you but only for themselves. I don’t think that’s necessarily true, it just seems that way because many solopreneur bloggers simply don’t know how or have the time to “nurture” their lists and provide all of the free content upgrades before they begin selling like the big bloggers do.
I also think people seem to forget that bloggers HAVE to make money somehow. There are overhead costs, costs for their time, and bloggers would like to be paid for their valuable content. Bloggers are providing a service whether it’s valuable information, entertainment or a place to find answers.
The Freebie Game
The FREE content and giveaway game has really taken over blogging; so much so, that you almost spend more time creating free content and giveaways to even interest people in your blog and less time really focusing on your craft or writing for your audience. That’s why big bloggers and companies with teams killing it right now.
If you are an individual blogger, entrepreneur, solopreneuer, mompreneur then you may be getting your blogging butt kicked by the big bloggers with the VA’s, the graphic designers, the CFO’s and the personal assistants. Now I’m not saying these people are bad by any means. Many of us aspire to have it all one day too. BUT, how to compete right now for your place in this noisy social media, to many emails, stop selling to me of I’ll unsubscribe you blog world?
Some I mention in my livestream Opt-In video:
Here are a few more ideas as well:
- Stop competing. Take all of the time and energy you put into creating FREE opt-ins and channel it into your writing. Write EPIC content, post it on social media always linking back to your blog. Do this on REPEAT.
- Start live-streaming and talking about how you really feel about whatever is going on in your niche. The more real you are the more you pique peoples interest. Always put a call to action to check out your blog, Facebook group, or current sales offer at the end of the videos (or somewhere in the video as well). Show these video’s live on your FB page and then email them to your existing tribe and embed them in a blog post.
- Create an opt-in for your videos and your content.
- Subscribe to only 5-10 of your favorite writers, bloggers, entrepreneurs who you know deliver great content time and time again. Do what they say. Don’t flood your own inbox and distract yourself from the writing and creating you should be doing.
- Support other bloggers on the same level as yourself. Create your own tribe of bloggers, writers, and creators whom you subscribe to and support, by sharing posts, chatting in groups, or just offering words of support.
- Remember the big bloggers had to start somewhere too!
- DO NOT get discouraged! DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS!
Related Content: How to Not Let Resentment Ruin Your Business or Creativity