If you blog and you haven’t tried Instagram yet you should. You can use it to enhance and develop our brand. You can share images that reflect your business, your products, and your brand. As a blogger you can use Instagram to showcase your involvement in your niche. Your Instagram fee gives your audience a chance to get to know you more personally as well. It should not just be about business or promotion.
Instagram is a great way to generate interest in upcoming blogs or projects. You can use Instagram posts as teasers or to introduce new things to your audience.
Here are 15 tips to get you rapidly growing your feed and driving traffic to your site!
- Add a website link to your Instagram Bio. The only place on Instagram where you can post a clickable link is in your bio.
- When writing a post about your blog always say: link in bio.
- Use a Bitly link or a vanity URL so you can track your click through rate and know where your links are coming from.
- To maintain brand consistency, share the same image with similar editing as the featured image on the actual blog post. This way people can recognize the image.
- It’s a good idea to include a short and sweet blog post description in your comments.
- Another good idea is to share an actual screenshot of your blog from your computer screen.
- Connect with popular bloggers, professionals or influencers in your industry and niche.
- Have them help promote you by collaborating with you.
- Make sure they use effective calls to action to send their traffic and followers to you.
- Use hashtags effectively.
- The more hashtags a photo has the more likes it gets. Hashtags give photos a larger reach.
- Brands don’t like a lot of hashtags so when working with brands keep it at two.
- Use hashtags that are relevant, active, and growing.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- Provide value and share social proof (via testimonials) that people love your products or services.
- Post a glimpse of your products or services where followers can try before they buy.
- Post regularly and consistently.
- I try to post 2-4 times a day with beautiful photos, fun quotes, product photos etc.
- Experiment with your number of posts each day and different times a day. Measure the results.
- Photos with high lightness generate more likes than dark images.
- Images with high amounts of background space generate more likes than those without. (Think soothing and calming). What is your demographic looking for?
- Low saturation gets more likes than those with more vibrant colors.
- High levels of texture generate 79% more likes than without. (Think of ways to layer in photos).
- Images with blue get the most likes over green and red.
- Images with a single dominant color generate more likes.
- Edit all photos similarly. Use filters consistently.
- Every photo is a scene in a movie that tells a story about you.
- If possible choose a weekly color palette.
- Write down a list of 3-5 emotions you want your viewers to experience from your feed.
Don’t worry if you previous feed looks a little crazy. Just delete anything out of place but keep as much as you can. It will be nice to see in a month or so how much you have grown following the above rules! My numbers grow consistently everyday. I have grown from 80 followers to 640 followers in about a month. I hope to continue to grow, find inspiration, and have Instagram drive traffic to my site!
I would love to hear where you are now and where you would like to be with your Instagram account! I showed you my numbers, you can show me yours! I’ll ask again in about a month!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @Autumn_Leopold. I’ll follow you back!