The first oil that I’d like to introduce you to is the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils. You all know what it is: Lavender! Lavender has such a wide range of uses and benefits and is definitely an oil that you could use each day.
A few of the ways that lavender can add to your life include balancing normal body functions, helps with relaxation and helps promote normal sleep, can cleanse skin irritations, can ease bodily stress and tension as well as aiding in relaxing your mind and body.
- Let’s talk about that! Who has active kiddos that have trouble settling down at night? Mixing a few drops of lavender with coconut oil and it’s a relaxing rub for their chest and feet.
- Have a diffuser? Diffuse lavender in their bedroom at night. (Don’t have a diffuser? To order one, individual oils or a starter kit, follow this link and fill out your information to get started *http://yl.pe/bgj)
- A great allergy mix is diffusing lavender with peppermint and lemon. The combination is wonderful for helping with allergies and sinus issues!
- Mix a few drops of lavender in 1 or 2 cups of Epsom salt and pour in your warm bath water for a relaxing bath.
- Try healing acne with applying a drop on a problem area 2x a day.
- Add 25-30 drops of lavender in 10oz of water in a spray bottle and use as a room freshener. (And throw out the synthetic air fresheners!)
- Mix with Cedarwood essential oil on your feet for an added effect to help sleeplessness.
- Mix with Ylang Ylang essential oil for help with high blood pressure
- Burn yourself? Apply some lavender to the area to promote healing
- Lavender can help repel mosquito’s
- May aide in helping with Eczema
- May help with minor cuts, bruises and scrapes
- May reduce itching from bites or hives
- Mix 20 drops of lavender with 7 drops of Vetiver essential oil in a roller ball bottle and you have “liquid Ambien” in natural form
In case you missed it you can check out lasts week post, “What Are Essential Oils and How Do You Use Them?”
I would love to answer any questions you may have of please feel free to check out the *Young Living website.
Well, let’s get this out of the way: I am not a medical professional and cannot treat, diagnose or cure you, and the information you will read today is for educational purposes only. I am here to help you learn what essential oils are and how you can incorporate them into your life in ways you may never have expected! *This is an affiliate link and I may earn a small commission.