The Toys R Us and Target Christmas Gift Idea Wish List Books both arrived in our mailbox while we were on vacation. I wasn’t sure whether to even let son see them because we have decided on a limited toy Christmas again. Meaning we are looking for other ideas for gifts instead of more toys that will lay around and not get played with. However, he has fun looking through them, so I decided to let him look. To my delight and surprise he looked for about five minutes and then picked up the football and went outside to play.
This post contains affiliate links from the Amazon Associates Program. I may earn a small commission if you click through to purchase any products or services from this website. Thank you for supporting my business in this way. I only recommend tried and loved products.
21 Toy Free, Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas:
- Start with an Advent Calendar of small items such as stickers, gum, candy or coupons for future items.
- Science experiment gifts and science experiment books
- White cardstock paper, white printer paper, and colored pens (our son loves to draw).
- Canvas and paints
- Watercolor paints and pad
- Paint a Pottery class
- Tennis Racket (make sure it’s the right size for the age) and Training Balls
- Volleyball & Badminton Set
- New Basketball goal (we need one for our permanent goal) or you can get a street side.
- New Bedroom Comforter Set
- New Art For Bedroom Walls
- Music Lessons (great idea for Grandparent gift)
- Karaoke Machine
- IPOD Touch, IPOD Nano, or CD Player
- Kid’s Bop CD’s, Toby Mac CD’s
- Natural History Museum Tickets or Children’s Discovery Museum Tickets
- Rock Climbing Lessons
- Cards: Uno, Skipbo (Junior), Old Maid, Crazy 8’s, Pictionary (frame game version)
- Games: Yahtzee, Sorry, Star Wars version of Trouble
- If you are really adventurous and electric dirt bike (the kind you have to charge the battery for).
- Ten Coupons for one hour dates with each parent with no distractions.
I realize some of these Christmas gift ideas are geared for boys but I hope they at least get you thinking about non-toy related gifts! Please share with us any non toy related gift ideas you have.